Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Pacific Garbage Patch

Call it a shameless plug if you want. I would prefer to call it sharing my great excitement that a new friend/fellow intern of mine is going on a one-month long maritime journey to cover the Pacific Garbage Patch and may be published in the New York Times.

Learn more about her trip here: http://www.spot.us/pitches/238

She even got Gawker talking, which I thought was an intriguing discussion about the future of journalism. My opinion? I think that Lindsey is simply reporting about a topic that interests her on a once-in-a-lifetime journey, but that's my two cents.

I'm looking forward to reading about her experiences at sea, but am glad she sits (almost) right across the hall from me for now!

1 comment:

Miss Red said...

wow! i just read both sites - what a cool project!!! interesting about nytimes and their payment plans. hope your internship is going well.