Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Putting pen to paper

Chookooloonk's post today about writing in a journal really made me think and struck a chord. I have always had trouble writing in a diary or a journal. The thought of writing to myself never really worked and reading the mandatory diary entries I wrote in elementary school still makes me cringe to this day. When I write, I prefer to create a conversation and, hopefully, make people think. Maybe Karen and Jen are right to say that journalling shouldn't have rules.

I've always kept a pen and notebook with me for notes and little reminders, but maybe it's time to put a little more thought into writing, collect the little napkin and torn scraps of paper, and make something of it all.

Just a thought.

1 comment:

Tom Giratikanon said...

That post about journal-ing was quite beautiful, actually.