Monday, July 20, 2009

DIY Crazy!

I'm suddenly really interested in learning how to sew and make useful and incredibly adorable crafts. Sure, I've knit my share of scarfs and that pair of legwarmers and bought books on turning plain gray t-shirts into trendy halters, but I'm always on the lookout for more brilliant ideas! So I'm glad that I came across this Web package at Sunset.com that compiles twenty fabulous ideas, most of which are posted from home writer Jess Chamberlain (she's such a sweetheart).

I'm about to get crafty! My goal this summer was to make a dress, but that's been put on hold with the minimal amount of free time I have. I'm looking at these two books: Chic & Simple Sewing by Christine Haynes or Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross. Any recommendations?

1 comment:

woppinbob said...

Here's a brilliant idea: you should finish teaching me how to knit, because after the third week of school I never finished my project, which I still maintain was SUPPOSED to be a ball of yarn.