Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Settled in



Yes, this is a picture of the staircase in my dorm and yes, I have to get used to climbing up and down stairs and getting a good workout. No, I am not sticking a picture of a staircase up for sheer amusemente, because there isn't really anything exciting about this set of staircases. EXCEPT -- for the heart made out of elastic string. I have only been here for a day and have already found love in odd places. Climbing up these stairs after a house meeting, I happened to glance down and see it, but cursed myself for not having my camera with me. Luckily, the heart still happened to be there this morning.





It's funny how comfortable I feel already. I have only moved in for a day, only spent one night in ISRC, and yes...there are definitely some interesting and questionable characters all over, but I feel like I have been here for ages. My roommate is absolutely adorable and so chill--we fell into place right from the start. Our room finally picked itself up (except we did all the cleaning) and it looks like we are all here to stay. After all the awkward icebreakers and getting to know each other, my roommate and I spent a good amount of time sitting outside my dorm in the hallway talking to Ben from our exec board. I love how everything is falling into place. Plus, the more I hear about all that J-school has to offer me, the more excited I get about all the opportunities we have here. Of course, it's welcome week. I have picked up tons of fliers, signed up for a couple info meetings, and forgotten a ton of people's names. But it's fun getting the hang of thigns and already knowing that I'm going to have a pretty awesome time here.

Off to some more bonding!

3 comments:

maverik208 said...

Glad to hear that college is amazing. Now wait for classes. They are AWESOME!

Seriously.

Heidi Wang said...

aww I'm so happy for you Em!!!
Sounds like you're having a blast. Tell me more later! :)

Noel said...

I'm so happy for you!!!! But I miss you =(.